Thursday, January 2, 2014

DIY - Sweet Ribbon Cardigan


I have this sweater (picture below) that too tight for me. When I wore this, I see my belly. You know, it's a girl thing. I thought I should cut it and make it into a cardigan. Instead a normal cardigan, I want to make an abnormal cardigan. Well, not really. Haha. I want to give it a simple details. Whether you see it 'too much' or not, I still want to add ribbons on it.


It's really easy to make. You just need a sweater, 6 ribbons (the length is up to you, mine is approx. 45 cm), scissors, and don't forget needle and threads or sewing machine for sewing.


This is the steps:
1. Fold your sweater in half, lengthwise, in the front side.
2. Cut the middle of front side with scissors. Be careful, don't cut the back side.
3. Fold the cut edges about 1 cm to the back, then sew. This is a basic hem. Actually, this step isn't necessary. But I suggest you to do it, so it looks neat.
4. After that, sew the ribbons. It's up to you where you want your ribbons to be sewn. But make sure they're mirrored for both side.

Tips: Before you sew the ribbons, use a fray check to prevent the ribbon edge from fraying. Or you can use a lighter on the edge, but don't burn it. You can fold the ribbon edge twice and sew it, this is called a rolled hem.



Yeaay finish! Isn't it easy? I love the way it looks. You can tie it however you want. Thanks for reading my blog. I really really appreciate you. I hope you get inspired by my DIY. If you have an idea for next post, don't hesitate to email me, comment below, or whatever social media you choose to talk to me. See you on next post! Don't forget to leave your comment about what you think of this DIY ;).


Peace,


Bone

11 comments:

  1. OMG BONCCH SO CUUUTTTEEEEEE!! *punches* That cardigan suits you a lot!

    I think I can make this one! But I don't have any tight shirt that I can cut hahaha! #excuses
    Give me yours, Boncch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Ouch* Is it really suit me? Hohoho. *punch back*

      You have so many excuses, Ruf! No, I won't give it to you! Instead, I will haunt you, tomorrow! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. Very cute idea. Looks very cute on you :3
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. woohoo, good to see you are back with the DIYs, Bone! :) The new cardigan is so much sweeter with the bows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Onel! I'm glad that I'm back, I love DIYs :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Wah terimakasih banyak, Indi. Senang sekali Indi mampir kesini :D

      Delete