Friday, January 10, 2014

DIY - Bottle Tassel Necklace (Contact Lens Bottle Recycle)


I have worn a contact lenses once or twice for cosplaying. Contact lenses came with a bottle for each lens. I have two pair of this, so I have four bottles. I personally love this bottle. It just looks so mini and cute like a little message bottle that I could find on the beach (?). So, I keep them. I didn't know what would I do to them. I thought I could make something from them. Yeah, I love collecting junks which are potentially good for DIY-ing. Haha.

One day, I have been thought of a bottle necklace by internet. I think it's so cute. But I don't have a bottle like that. Then, I remember that I have those little bottle from my contact lenses. Perfect! So, I design some pendants that can be made from this tiny little bottle. I made one, and I will tell you how I made it in this post. Yeay!


Supplies:
- Contact lens bottle (important!)
- Chain
- Beads
- Wire
- Pliers
- Jump rings
- Clasp
- Spacer
- Glue gun (essential)
- Scissors
- Glue, that dry clear (ex. pva glue, school glue, etc.) and a brush (for glue application)



How I made:
- First thing first, clean the bottle.
- Then we go to the wire working. Calm and calm, it needs patient. First, use a round nose pliers to bend the tip of wire to a little loop.
- After that, use the bottle as a guide and bend the wire following the bottle body from the bottom of the bottle. Just use you finger to bend it.
- Next, curl the wire again to a loop, and then wrap it around the bottle neck three times or as you want.
- Curl it again to make loop. Then, bend it following the bottle body again to the point where we start.
- Cross the wire under the other wire and make a loop again. Then cut the wire.


The result is look like the above picture. We move to the tassel making.


- Cut wire with the length similar to the length of bottle. Curl one tip to a loop with pliers. Then, cut a chain to the length as your desire for the tassel. Connect the wire and chain. I simply open one end link of chain with pliers. Put the wire loop, and close the chain link again. You can use a jump ring too for this step. Repeat this step. I made 5 of this.
- For the beads, first we make the wire loop again. Insert a bead to the wire. Bend the wire again to a loop for closing the bead. Make many of this. I said, many.
- Then, connect the beads to the chain that we made before. Use jump rings or 'open the link' method like I told in the step before. The design is up to you, just place it randomly.
- Gather all of the chain. I used spacer just to make it more nice.


- After that, heat a glue gun. Then, pour much glue gun inside the bottle. While the glue is still hot, stick the gathered wire of the tassel that we made to it. Hold it until the glue is dry.
- When the glue is finally dry, you can stop here or decorate the bottle. The dried hot glue looks like candle, isn't it? Haha
- I chose to decorate it with glitter. Don't judge me. Hoho. To glitter it, brush a white/pva glue the bottle. Pour the glitter to it. Wait until it's dry. After it's dry, make a solution of white glue and some drops of water. Coat the glittered bottle with this solution to seal the glitter.
- And, your pendant is finish yeay! To make a necklace, you can attach a chain with jump ring to the loop on the bottle. You can use it for a key chain or something else to decorate.


Wooohooo! I still have three bottles left. Maybe, I will show another design for you. Do you have contact lens bottles that just stuck on your room and don't know what to do with them? What do you think about this idea? Leave me a comment below. I love reading your comment. Thanks for reading this blog. I hope this blog inspire you. I will see you on next DIY!


Peace,


Bone

4 comments:

  1. Noooo! I've thrown away all of my lense bottles! But it's a good thing I'm buying a pair of new ones~

    This DIY actually looks quite doable! (??) Like always, you're so original, Boncch! I've never seen any DIY like this before! I think I'll try making this soon! (like I always say in every DIY you post hahaha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooo! That bottles are so cute (at least for me)! Give it to me, if you don't want it!

      Thanks Raf, you are very supporting. But, I will be very happy if you try making your version of my DIY someday hahaha. (still pushing you)

      Delete
  2. Wear this glittering necklace on campus Bons,, ^^
    One of my favorite from your DIY tutorials, :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Noooo! I won't wear any necklace to campus. I only wear necklace when hanging out :P.
      Thans, Far. Keep reading yak hehe :*

      Delete